jeudi 24 juin 2010

The Little mermaid...


hi everyone!
it has been quite a long time since I last posted something...I've been quite busy with my new work, and mostly a few days formation for work...
plus i have extra homework for my dayjob...
Actually, i'm working on illustrating a book about love; This is a book Yvonne wrote, and this is a huge project, and I'm very glad that she entrusts me to the point to push the publishers to hire me for illustrating her book...

I have to acknowledge that it is kind of hard for me to draw about this subject.
Mostly as she picked up some parts to illustrate, which are very similar to some moments of my life. I'm kind of scared not to be able to show what she wants me to show, or maybe to be able to show it...

anyway, here is the first illustration, about the little mermaid...
The Hand Christian Andersen 's tale is about how we educate young girls to change themselves to be with a man, and about the loss of their trueself...
To be near her Prince, the little mermaid has to pay a very hard price, she loses her tail, and also her voice...and she also has to endure a physical pain each time she steps on the floor...

I choose to illustrate the part where the mermaid is swimming to the Sea witch's place, to give up on herself...this is a very creepy scene, and pretty violent to me, and reading it at 27, I find it still very scary....the pressure is so intense...

so here is the drawing, i still don't know if I like it or not, but I kind of like the gloomy impress it creates...I'm just very disappointed by the mermaid's face, but i cannor get rid of Ariel's face...damnit! lol

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire